7.10.2011

Just Another Night in Dirty Jersey!


I've really been enjoying "The Real Housewives of New Jersey" for the past two episodes! I was skeptical at first because it seemed like this season of the show was going to be called "Teresa and Family: Who Will Survive?" I'm glad that worry did not become reality, no pun intended.

One thing I will say about tonight's episode is it really opened my eyes to the family dynamics of every household. I like Jacqueline, but it was interesting to see her DAUGHTER (who is known to be trouble) tell Jac the truth: she does seem to take on the "peacemaker" role too often! I like Jacqueline's optimism, but I think I would just be there for my friend to vent to. I wouldn't want the drama to literally walk through my front door and take over my dinner table!

Also, Teresa, honey, you're bankrupt! It's not a good look to continue walking around in your Versace, chinchilla, and Louboutins. I mean, really?? I don't care how much money Skinny Italian might be bringing in, it's not enough to justify how you can still have that home and wardrobe. Yes, I'm saying I smell bullshit. I believe her and Joe are bankrupt, but I definitely think Teresa is too stubborn to realize bankruptcy has consequences, meaning you have to adjust your lifestyle because your debts won't magically fix themselves. I believe she thinks this period is a "shopping freeze" for her that will end in 7-10 years. Ah, to be delusional!

Caroline is pretty likable in this episode. However, she has some weird expectations when it comes to her children. She's taught them to make family their life, but then she expects it to be easy for them to go their separate ways in life. Of course, someone is going to be upset that someone has moved on and left the pack behind! Maybe it's just me, but I blame her daughter's separation anxiety from her brothers on the fact that they have been raised to be "thick as thieves", as Caroline said during the first season. Be close to your family, but know when to draw the line and go chase your own dreams/goals. That would be my advice to Lauren.

Kathy is a non-issue. Her husband is annoying, and if she believes that lavish, club-looking space would be good to make desserts in then she's crazier than I thought! Hookah? A belly dancer? Bitch, please! Make your cannolis and leave the rest alone!

Melissa, Melissa. Sweetie, you can't sing. You're not "on display". You just need to "go away, go away"! The two Black producers that came to her and Joe's home to hear her sing looked like they had been forced to be there! LOL! They honestly were moving around doing all they could to catch the beat, which really didn't exist. Oh, and why did they look like broke Ne-Yo's?? FAIL!! Joe needs to also realize that Melissa cannot stay in that house 24/7. Why not let her go to the studio?? Nothing's going to come of her career anyway! She has to be the only person in their mid-30s thinking they still have a realistic chance of being a pop star. So, go ahead, Joe, build that studio/telephone booth-like structure! The kids might be able to play hide and seek in it, if nothing else!

Finally, that dinner was funny and awkward. Joe Gorga is a funny guy. I don't think anyone would dispute that fact. However, I think Teresa was very jealous of the fact that everyone seemed to be enjoying her brother and sister-in-law's company. I'm pretty sure she was probably drunk by the time they left because she was giving that wine hell! LOL! But did Joe really have to put on that dress? At that point, I started to suspect that he was trying to be liked so much by everyone just to annoy Teresa. It was very over-the-top.

Wait, but in Dirty Jersey, everything is large and in charge! Forgetaboutit! (Yes, all one word!) : )

(photo: http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_full_width/hash/b0/6f/b06f702a64c1478463a4b32ac4bedd80.jpg)

No comments:

Post a Comment